Walnuts come to you from the nut family and bring along with them a plethora of benefits that can’t be denied. Walnuts are laden with the benefits of omega-3 fat and alpha linolenic acid.
The Benefits that Walnuts Bring Along with Them are Plentiful They are
1. Helps in bettering the function of one’s arteries and hence improves the functioning of the heart and the surrounding muscles.
2. Consumption of walnuts on a regular basis goes on to decrease the risk of cardiovascular activities so that there are fewer heart attacks, angina attacks and lowered levels of cholesterol too.
3. Walnuts are choc a block full of nutrients that are good for human beings. Having a handful of walnuts will work for you by providing you with all the protective benefits against a number of diseases such as cancer, heart ailments.
4. If you look at the walnut carefully you will notice that it resembles our brains. This is nature’s way of telling us that walnuts are good for our memories and cognitive abilities. The omega-3 fats in walnuts are laden with the good nutrients to help our brains function at optimal levels.
5. Walnuts will keep depression at bay too. The feel good hormones that are released by consuming walnuts and also the way it enhances the working of the brain enables one to keep depression at bay.
6. Walnuts have been found to have an amazing effect on controlling gall bladder diseases. A handful of these nuts added to any diet will keep gall bladder concerns at bay.
7. In case you have been suffering from insomnia and tossing and turning in bed with no respite, then consuming walnuts will help you. Walnuts have been known to induce and help the pineal glands to produce more of the hormone melatonin which helps one sleep better.
8. Walnut is a great antioxidant and hence eating it helps the anti-aging brigade to help you feel and look better too.
9. Walnuts work like magic on several diseases such as cardiovascular, neurodegenerative and cognitive.
10. If you are worried about bone health then all that you need to do is have a fistful of walnuts each day religiously. This will help you to enhance the strength of your bones and keep osteoporosis at bay.
11. If you have not been able to capture the battle of the bulge then walnuts will certainly help you do so. People who eat a healthy amount of nuts are known to maintain their svelte figures longer.
12. With advancing age some amounts of bone loss is bound to happen. But, with walnuts added to your diet you will be able to minimize it.
There have been several worrisome results that have emerged from studies conducted. This has shown that developed countries and the kind of diet that they follow have very little of omega-3 fats in their diets. A handful of walnuts everyday will enable them to replace that and not worry about nutritional deficiency at all.