Blackheads are blemishes of the skin on the forehead, nose, neck, chest, back and other areas. They are clogged pores of the skin that are filled with oil deposits known as sebum and dead skin cells. Together they clog the pores of the skin leading to skin eruptions. The top of these get oxidized by air and turn black. These are known as blackheads. Blackheads are found commonly on oily skin and they signal the oncoming pimples and acne.
Symptoms for Blackheads
Over production of oil by the skin glands and the skin appears oily and sticky throughout the day. Spots and bumps appear on the surface of the skin. Most of them appear black or yellow in color. Pus is absent in these eruptions. Squeezing or picking the blackheads may lead to infection.
Causes for Blackheads
1. Oily skin is more prone to blackheads
3. Skin allergy
4. Immune disorder
5. Use of certain drugs
7. Poor skin hygiene
Home Remedies for Blackheads
1. Add soda bicarbonate to hot steaming water and wet a towel in this water and place it on the face to remove blackheads.
2. Make a mixture of half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and one tea spoon of coriander juice. Apply this on the affected skin, leave it overnight and wash off in the morning. This is a most successful home remedy for blackheads.
3. Another great home remedy for blackheads is applying the paste made of oatmeal and almond powder mixed with rose water. Leave it for about 15 minutes to day and wash it with cold water.
4. A mixture of tea tree oil and hazel is a good home remedy.
5. Face scrub made of green tea is also useful for removing blackheads.
6. Mixture of lime juice and cinnamon powder with turmeric powder is another effective home remedy for curing blackheads. It provides relief in just 15 days.
7. Radish seeds should be powdered and mixed with water to make a paste. Apply this on the affected skin. This is one the most helpful home remedies to remove blackheads.
8. Make a paste by grinding fenugreek leaves with water and apply over the affected area and leave overnight. Wash it wish warm water next morning to remove blackheads naturally.
9. A paste made by grinding drumstick pods and leaves and lime juice is a natural remedy for blackheads.
10. Warm honey and apply it on the skin for 15 minutes is also effective. This home remedy can be used as a scrub by adding sugar.
11. Groundnut oil and lemon juice mixture is another good home remedy for blackheads. It works even for removal of acne.
12. Make a paste of my mixing black pepper powder and curd and apply on the face to remove blackheads naturally.
13. Apply grated potatoes on the affected skin.
14. A mixture of mashed papaya, grated cucumber and mashed strawberries is a good home remedy for treating blackheads.
15. Another tested way to fight blackheads is to apply grape pulp on the affected skin. This effectively removes blackheads as well as acne.
16. Paste made with neem leaves is also a good for removing blackheads.
17. A mixture of egg white and honey makes a good home remedy for blackheads.
18. Make a paste of one teaspoon of rice flour and one teaspoon of curd. Allow to dry and wash off with cold water
19. Make a mixture of almond powder, fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) and glycerin soap and boiled water. Apply this on the blackheads.
20. Use clay face mask regularly as it can pull out excess oil from the skin.
21. Make a face mask using orange peel powder and yogurt and apply over the affected skin. Rub it in circular motion so that it extracts excess oil and dirt from the skin. Wash off with cold water. This is proven home remedy for removing blackheads.
22. Apply toothpaste on the affected area and wash off after sometime. Do this for 2 weeks to get rid of blackheads.
23. Use a scrub made with coconut water and sugar and apply on the face.
Eat balanced nutritious food and avoid oily substances. Fresh fruits, vegetables and foods and whole grains are good as they contain minerals and vitamins and promote general health. Avoid processed and artificial foods. Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins from the body.