Dark skin is the result of hyper pigmentation as it has more of the skin pigment Melanin, than a fair skin. Increased quantity of melanin makes the skin to look blemished and patchy. The skin may turn brown or blacking with time with dark patches and blemishes.
Dark skins can be cured naturally using some easy measures to help it become fair and glowing. These home remedies are simple and don’t cause any side effect.
Symptoms for Dark Skin
The skin starts getting the brownish tone and then it becomes even darker. Dark patches, black spots and blemishes appear all over the skin and become visible.
Causes for Dark Skin
The causes for a dark skin or complexion could be many. Some of the most common ones are
1. Over exposure to sun: Being in direct sun for long durations causes the skin to tan. This is a natural mechanism, due to the UV rays of the sun. The skin produces more melanin leads to darkening of the skin.
2. Certain features run in the family. The genes are responsible for passing on features to future generations.
3. Use of chemicals and cosmetic products harm the skin.
4. Hyper Pigmentation: The skin produces too much of the pigment melanin, causing the skin to become darker than usual.
5. Skin Disorders: Some skin conditions can cause the skin to become thick, dark and full of black spots or parches.
Home Remedies for Dark Skin
1. Place the slice of raw potato on the face which helps reducing the blemishes and other marks.
2. Apply the paste of fresh mint leaves over the face and wash it off after ten to fifteen minutes.
To treat the tan, you can apply the mixture of turmeric powder and limejuice over the face. This is a 3. powerful home remedy for Dark Skin.
4. Dry orange peels and store them. Mix dry orange peels in one bowl of curd and apply it over the face. Keep it for about fifteen minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
5. Prepare a face pack of about one tablespoon of gram flour, two teaspoon of raw milk and a few drops of limejuice. Apply this pack on the face, neck and hands and let it dry. Apply this mixture on the elbows and knee. This is very beneficial in treating Dark skin.
6. Make a face pack using one tablespoon of milk powder, one teaspoon of each of honey and limejuice and half teaspoon of almond oil. Apply over the face and allow it to dry. It is a highly effective home remedy for dark skin.
7. Mix one tablespoon of gram flour with 2 teaspoon of cow’s milk. Add 2-3 drops of lime juice and apply on the skin. Leave for 15 minutes before washing off. Continue this for one month to see the lightened tone of the skin. This is the most popular home remedy for dark skin.
8. Add one teaspoon turmeric powder in one teaspoon of milk and Aloe Vera gel and apply it over the face and keep it for 20 minutes.
9. Make a mixture of tomato puree and a few drops of limejuice and apply this on the face twice a day. This will remove blemishes make the skin glow in a few days.
10. Soak some almonds in water overnight and next day grind it to make a fine paste. Apply this paste on the skin before going to bed .Next morning wash it off with cold water.
11. Make a paste of curd and tomato juice and half bowl of oatmeal and apply this on the face. Keep it for twenty minutes and wash with cold water.
12. Make a mixture of one teaspoon of limejuice, one teaspoon of beet juice and a pinch of turmeric powder and apply it on the affected skin. Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash it off. This is a highly effective natural home treatment for dark skin.
13. Avoiding stress helps reducing darkening of the skin.
14. Mud therapy can be helpful in curing dark skin.
Eat lots of vegetables and fresh fruits. Avoid oily and salty food. Apply sunscreen lotion over face and hands when you have to go out in sun to prevent sun burn and darkening of skin. Drinking plenty of water will remove the toxins from your body and will give you clear skin. Avoid e consumption of oily and heavy food. Include whole cereals, vegetables, fruits, pulses etc generously in your diet. Avoid using too much make up especially those containing harmful chemicals.