The blockage of skin pores under the skin also leads to acne. Acne can cause serious consequences like psychological problems if left unattended. There are effective home remedies for Acne that are both affordable and simple.
Symptoms of Acne
Major Acne symptoms are
1. Skin looks abnormally red
Causes of Acne
Many different factors contribute to the occurrence of Acne, from genetic, dietary and also environmental factors. The more common causes are
1. Poor nutrition due to improper diet
2. Hormonal imbalance
3. Poor hygiene
4. Using cosmetic products
5. Indigestion or constipation
6. Presence of toxins in blood
7. Intake of excessive fatty foods and sweets
Home Remedies for Acne
Following are Some of the Effective Home Remedies for Acne
1. Garlic has been used successfully for ages to heal acne as it has properties to cure the worst acne. Massage the affected skin with raw garlic many times a day. Acne can also be cured by consuming three seeds of raw garlic everyday for a month. This helps in purification of blood and prevents acne.
2. A natural remedy for acne is orange peel. Grind orange peels to a paste with water
3. Soak Guggulu in water overnight and then apply it over the acne.
4. A mixture of one teaspoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of finely-ground cinnamon can be applied on the affected areas.
5. Egg whites are effective in curing acne. Apply egg white on the affected parts. Leave for about 15 minutes and wash off. Egg white removes the excess oil from the skin and heals acne.
6. A paste of almond powder and water can be applied on the face. Rinse it off after it is dry.
7. A more effective natural home remedy is a mixture of half a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder and water. This should be applied on the affected skin.
8. Apply a mixture of ground almonds and hone and gently massage this paste on your face. Rinse with cold water.
9. Make a fine paste from sandalwood and black gram. Apply rose water on the face before applying this paste. Now apply paste over the skin and leave it overnight. Clean your face with cool water in the morning. Sandalwood has a cooling effect reduce skin inflammation and irritation.
10. The decoction of neem leaves is an effective cure for acne.
11. Blend the cucumber into a paste and apply it on the affected skin. Let it dry and wash it off.
12. A paste of sandalwood powder and black gram can be applied on the affected area. Wash it off with cold water.
13. Oatmeal can absorb oil and draw out impurities from deep in the skin. Cook plain oat meal. Rub it over the skin and allow it to stay for a few minutes and then wash it.
14. Make a paste of 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply it on the pimples and leave it overnight and wash it off next morning with warm water. Repeat for two weeks.
15. A paste of nutmeg with raw milk is also an effective home remedy for acne.
Diet and Other Advice For Acne
1. Include healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables in your diet. Cucumber promotes digestion of food. Proper digestion is essential for healthy skin, helping in the reduction of acne breakouts.
2. Keep the skin always clean.
3. Drink plenty of water daily.
4. Avoid stress
5. Avoid synthetic and oily makeup
6. Avoid squeezing your pimples
7. Avoid oily and fatty foods, chocolate and coffee